Thursday, August 18, 2005


snow in august

I'm already thinking about it. For some reason I'm still getting Transworld Snowboarding and Skiing magazines. I started flipping through the boarding ones.. if anyone wants the ski ones let me know. Anyway, they've totally got more articles about and for women now! Sic!

So today I've spent a few minutes purusing the internet and decided to devote a blog entry to snowboarding. So far I've been thinking a few things, I didn't get a season pass again, because work prevents me from going up enough to get proper usage out of it. But I do think I want to take a few days off to spend up there if possible.. means more saving money needed.

Anyway, so first visit to www.scskate.com and looking around, the muse tribute is a beautiful board, design/construction wise. But I'm not much of a pipe/park person, still working on that. So thus my eyes turn to the Cuna Union.. *happy sigh*. I ride a Santa Cruz board right now and love it and they've done some changes to the tips and construction so yipeeee!!

BUUUUTTT THIS is the board I've been pining after for soooo very long... Hyleyn by Hammer Snowboards(see pic at top and click link for details). Ever since I started looking/shopping/researching boards back when I first decided to purchase ones.. I've drooled over this board. There's just something about it, I've never even ridden the darn thing and it just caught my eye. What can I say I'm a sucker for advertising. And this years graphic, totally me! Although the graphic from 2000 (?) was equally amazing. Didn't like the ones in between so much. But yeah.. a woman can dream can't she?

Either way, I don't technically need a new board, definitely need new boots though. Maybe I should just get a whole new set and sell the old one ;). Haha.. we'll see how it goes.. did I mention my birthday is coming up soon? j/k.

1 comment:

trixyone said...

i'm right with you. i didn't get to really snowboard at all last season. i've been thinking about being a ski bum since june. i'm even interviewing for beaver creek in a couple weeks!