Friday, August 26, 2005

human zoo exhibit!

Sometimes I wish it was easier to travel around the world, because this is something I'd like to see.. London Zoo's New Exhibit: The Human Zoo. Click here for the Yahoo article on it. Trust the British to come up with something so zany, just like the rest of their dry humor.

Honestly, I'm not sure what this proves, besides the fact that you can watch a few people (what looks like at least 7 people) run around in a zoo exhibit for four days. They say "the four day event aims to demonstrate the basic nature of man as an animal and examine the impact that Homo sapiens have on the rest of the animal kingdom." Riiight... basic nature I think would come out if a group of people crashed on a deserted island with no way off and no hope of rescue.. not in a zoo exhibit where people can come watch scantily clad Brits run around playing. And the impact we have on the animal kingdom? Don't think you'll see it in a contained unit where they are without all the industrial innovations that are slowly killing our planet. Not saying that I'm an angel.. shoot I love apple products and clothes and shoes, etc. I'm sure some of my purchases are only helping the slow destruction of our earth. But either way, I'm a bit skeptical about this whole "human zoo", but curious at the same time. What exactly is London Zoo trying to show? You'd think with all the technology we do have, they'd put up a camera or more information on the website, but all it's got is a summary, a link to buy tickets and two photos..

ah well..!

No comments: