Sunday, August 21, 2005

laughter from the belly into the heart

it's 8:30am and i just finished watching two videos on my friend "greedi's" website.. and man am i missing so cal right now. now just the great weather and the beaches, but the memories with my friends and most of all them.. no matter how bad my life has gotten they've always been there for me and they watched me grow out of my awkward stage.. granted into a different awkward stage.. but hey. :) it's a transition folks!

anyway, everytime i think about them they bring a huge smile to my face and i'm reminded most of all about how they make me laugh. it's not just about humor... this is a laugh from the belly that goes into the heart and fills you up completely with warmth. and as your laughing you know that this is a moment you're sharing and enjoying and reveling in that you have this wonderful friend to love and share this with. it's a total mind and body experience and you don't realize it until one day something triggers a memory..

..or like a drug if you haven't had it for a long time, and you go and visit and it happens and you get this huge rush because you remember what it feels like to laugh that hard with the belly and have it fill you up inside.

good times. good times.

i love seeing how my life has changed over time. and the great thing about having friends all over california is.. no matter where i fall, someone will catch me.

No comments: