Monday, September 19, 2005


CCS 21st Annual Auction & BBQ

Just thought I'd post a few pictures of our BBQ/Auction fundrasier, while I was doing the layout for our newsletter. Since May has this project consumed much of my time and effort at work. It was a lot of fun and went really smoothly. Everything looked great and the minor glitches that came up, we smoothed out pretty quickly. The food was delicious as usual. The firefighters from Local 1165 always come out and cook for us, it's so good, they do tri-tip, ribs, huge chunks of chicken, beans, salad, garlic bread... yummy. Look at all those chickens! We had these great auction items too. Hotel stays, gift certificates, cookbooks, floral arrangements, teeth whitening (I lost that bid), jewelry, purses (I donated one that I had made), spa treatments, haircuts, manicures, vaccuums, antiques, handmade quilts, scarves, and the so much more! The live auction items were really cool too.. too bad I don't have enough money to bid on all that, there were Sharks tickets paired with dinner at Outback Steakhouse, getaways to Mexico, cruisetrips, dinners by local chefs. What I really wanted was this gorgeous beach cruiser.. but honestly.. where am I going to ride it? Around my house?! Give me a break.. with all those hills that thing wouldn't make it. If I still lived in Newport.. I would have gone for it. But I only convinced myself that if I was going to spend $300+ (the bike sold for $275, that's how much they cost - at cost), I may as well invest it in a bike I'll use. So I decided to get a mountain bike. This way I can go out and about, maybe use it to commute to work. I can't wait for it to get here. All in all, the event was fantastic, and I think we made a profit of around $50,000. At least that's done.. for now. I have about a month to breath, before the planning for the next fund development projects start picking up speed.. here we go! :)

No comments: