Thursday, October 23, 2008

resurrection

My friend used to have a site where a few of us would post poems, random thoughts, etc. My postings used to consist of anguished thoughts about love. It's so funny how much has changed in the last 5 years. Loss is incredibly relative, when you're a child, losing your teddy bear is the end of the world, when you're a teenager, it's that crush... heck when you're an adult it's still that crush.

Five years later, it's my grandfather, my mother, my grandmother, and my best friend.

Now the hope of love is something I cherish and when that love comes it will be wonderful and if it is lost, it was an experience I can treasure... because losing something greater, makes one that much more grateful for everything else.

3 comments:

feeling entropy said...

every once in a while something reminds me of karen. i miss her and her goofy ways.

victoria said...

hehe me too. :) especially because we both had similar virgo habits when it came to problem solving.

Tinygami said...

While many suffer losses, I don't think everyone feels them. Some turn away from pain, others avoid it through any means possible.

I do believe that the ability to feel true joy and happiness is often equivalent to the depth of grief and pain we've each experienced. So toughing through the hard parts of life is what makes the good parts even better.

I lost one of my best friend's in college so I kind of know how that loss feels *hug*